If you are an architect from India, here is a contest you might be interested in. The Indian Institute of Architects is inviting applicants to submit entries for their prestigious IIA National Awards for Excellence in Architecture. This year’s awards, hosted by the IIA Trivandrum Centre of the Kerala Chapter, aims to acknowledge the best architecture works of 2018. Want to showcase your work before the world? Apply here.
- Top 100 Architecture Firms in US and Britain
- House with mesmerising ocean views, Kerala
- Winners of 2010 New Zealand Architecture Awards
- Philippe Starck Kitchens for Warendorf
- The Best of 2009
- A Colour Rich Indian Home With Concrete Architecture And Interiors
Breaking news: Argentine-American architect César Pelli has died aged 92. Read more
- Architects: Luigi Rosselli
- Location: Bellevue Hill, Australia
- Category: Renovation
- Lead Architect: Luigi Rosselli
- Design Team: Jane McNeill
- Project Year: 2019
- Photographs: Prue Ruscoe
- Architects: Q&A - Quarta & Armando Architecture Design Research
- Location: 715 Ao Men Lu, Chang Shou Lu, Putuo Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
- Category: Office buildings
- Lead Architects: Gianmaria Quarta, Michele Armando
- Area: 85.0 m2
- Project Year: 2019
- Photographs: Peter Dixie
- Architects: bureau^proberts
- Location: Kangaroo Point QLD 4169, Australia
- Category: Residential
- Area: 8000.0 m2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Christopher Frederick Jones
No coffee break for us just yet, we’re too busy reveling in these two coffee spiked interiors, mixed into smooth and creamy backdrops. Sleek and sophisticated style fills the first modern home interior, which features a textured feature wall of milky waves – plus a very unusual fish tank that’s integrated into the kitchen peninsula. The second home tour edges more toward the minimalist spectrum, with uncluttered cream coloured walls, strong coffee accents, cool white accessories and touches of terrazzo that make it oh-so on trend. A little cool grey has been spliced in to create interesting contrast with the warm brown furniture finishes, and small nuggets of gold and copper enrich the simple scheme.
Two square coffee tables form the centrepiece of our first coffee colour living room. The coffee tables are set in front of an oatmeal modern sofa, with mocha colour cushions and an espresso throw. A coffee colour area rug holds the lounge arrangement together in the open plan room.
A tall glass chimney gleams above a modern fireplace that descends between the lounge area and the formal dining room. The flames flicker in the space between two sets of patio doors that lead out into the garden.
One cream wall of the living room is decorated with a large wall clock. The adjacent feature wall is covered in milky waves, which ripple behind a wall mounted tv, and a low level espresso colour media unit.
Clear glass vases display a refreshing sprig of greenery as the dining table centrepiece.
Coffee colour dining chairs surround the rectangular wood table in the modern dining room.
The kitchen spans the back wall of the open plan room. Three bar stools line up along its peninsula, and shelves descend from the ceiling above it to hold a selection of drinking glasses.
A unique aquarium design forms the end of the L-shaped kitchen installation, with the kitchen worktop continuing over the top of it.
A fruit bowl is placed on the countertop above the fish, as if to confirm that the aquarium is part of the kitchen.
Concrete planters decorate the other end of the kitchen run. Glossy coffee colour kitchen units reflect the natural light from the large windows in the room.
Coffee cabinets colour the bedroom, where an unusual bedside table lamp adorns the set of drawers.
A modern desk chair pulls up to the workspace under the gallery wall.
Coffee moment number two is a minimalist interior design. A clear glass coffee table fronts a coffee colour sofa, set down on a pale grey rug.
An indoor plant feathers the corner of the room, beside a terrazzo bench.
Beside the couch, a modern floor lamp springs up from the herringbone flooring.
The kitchen backsplash carries the confetti of colours all the way to the back of the room, along with a matching shelf that conceals LED strip lighting. The kitchen cabinets themselves carry a fresh white finish to create a clean contrast with the creamy walls.
Inside the master bedroom, a small side table holds a gold stemmed lamp at each side of the bed. A coffee colour bed set drapes a white bed base.
A monochrome sputnik chandelier stretches its spokes across the bedroom ceiling.
Grey bases and brown bed sets colour the twin beds inside the second bedroom. The overhead light is the IC Lights S Style Pendant. An alternate replica can be found here, and the original is available here.
A desk clock perches on a terrazzo table by the bed.
Recommended Reading: 51 Coffee Tables With Storage To Stylishly Stash Your Clutter
For more regular updates from Home Designing, join us on Facebook.
If you are reading this through e-mail, please consider forwarding this mail to a few of your friends who are into interior design. Come on, you know who they are!
- 4 Apartments That Turn Up The Dial On Industrial Style
- 2 Gorgeous Attic Apartments That Use Grey As Base
- Dark Grey Home Decor With Warm LED Lighting
- Four Perfectly Pale Scandi Style Interiors
- The Merging Of Three Apartments To Make One Amazing Loft
- A Small Industrial Apartment With A Home Office & Blue Decor
- Architects: azab
- Location: 48950 Erandio, Vizcaya, Spain
- Category: Elementary & Middle school
- Lead Architects: Cristina Acha, Miguel Zaballa, Andrés Iza
- Area: 2054.0 m2
- Project Year: 2018
- Photographs: Luis Diaz Diaz